Event microgrants are available to organizations to host California Clean Air Day events!
Please review the guidelines for your region, then submit the Google Form at the bottom of the page to apply. Applications are due by August 6.
We need your help to make California Clean Air Day a success! Our purpose is to raise awareness of air quality issues in our region and to celebrate and implement California Clean Air Day in your region on October 6, 2021.
Grant funding of up to $1,000 is available to groups and organizations to help make California Clean Air Day a success in your region. This potential funding is for local activities, events or projects that help clean our air.
Please complete this grant application by August 6th. To be eligible for funding, the local project must occur on or within the week of California Clean Air Day on October 6, 2021. Priority consideration will be given to Environmental Justice communities as defined by CalEnviroScreen.
The local project must raise awareness of Clean Air Day, contribute to cleaning our air, encourage participants to take actions that will clean our air, and successfully engage at least 100 participants. Examples of local projects could include educational events, art contests, tree plantings, no idling campaigns, bike rides, transit appreciate days and more. There is no limit to what can be done as long as the project meets the requirements stated above.
Funds can be used for supplies, giveaways mailed or picked up, postage, marketing expenses, etc.
Applicants must include at least two organizations — the lead organization and any partner organization. The lead organization and its partner organization(s) must fall into different categories as follows:
- Category A: City, County, School District or Education Office, or other government agency manager, official or representative
- Category B: A health care provider (public or private)
- Category C: An established community nonprofit organization
- Category D: A business organization (chamber of commerce, economic development agency, business improvement district, etc.)
- Category E: A small business
Applications will be scored as follows:
- Partnership between different organizations: 10 points
- Serving youth: 10 points
- Plan to engage 100 people: 10 points
- Contribution to cleaning our air: 10 points
- Promotion of Clean Air Day: 10 points
Applications are due by August 6.
For those of you who choose activities that are place-based, make sure participants follow all current COVID-19 precautions.
Any questions? Contact email@example.com or call 213-223-6871.