This Information pertains to last year’s event – please check back for 2020 updates!
Just because a region of California is beautiful doesn’t mean there are not air pollution challenges.
Ventura and Santa Barbara are great examples of this. Areas of the region are challenged by pesticides, near roadway pollution and even container traffic. The good news is that the region is committed to clean air in a big way, with Ventura County passing a resolution recognizing California Clean Air Day.
Between signing people up to take the Clean Air Day pledge at the Banana Festival to the unveiling of electric vehcile charging station at Cottage Hospital to air quality monitoring education at Hueneme Elementary to tree plantings at CSU Chanel Islands, Cal Lutheran and Moorpoark College, we are celebrating California Clean Air Day in a big way!
We want to thank the Port of Hueneme for their generous support of California Clean Air Day in Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties.
- Santa Barbara MTD will be giving away free 10-ride passes to people who take the pledge! Click here to request yours!
- Traffic Solutions at SBCAG has partnered with the Clean Air Express to offer free round-trip tickets during all of October for people living in Lompoc, Santa Maria or the Santa Ynez Valley who work in Goleta or Santa Barbara. Take the Clean Air Pledge then request a free pass on this page!
- Stop by Dignity Health Marian Medical Center’s Clean Air Day Fair and take the pledge to receive free SMAT bus tokens!
- Gold Coast Transit will be providing free 2-ride passes to the first 100 people who stop by their Oxnard Transit Center!
2019 Ventura and Santa Barbara Regional Working Group
- Dona Lacayo, Port of Hueneme, CHAIR
- Jose Barrera, Port of Hueneme
- Christina Birdsey, Port of Hueneme
- John Brooks, City of Thousand Oaks
- David El Fattal, Ventura County CCD
- Martin Erickson, VCTC
- Afshin Fatholahi, Cottage Health
- Candice Meneghin, Office of Ventura County Supervisor Linda Parks
- Linda Parks Ventura County Supervisor
- Giles Pettifor, Port of Hueneme
- Miguel Rodriguez, Oxnard LULAC
- Jackie Ruiz, SBC Public Health
- Brian Sheridan, Coalition for Clean Air
- Jesus Torres, Lead Public Strategies
- Jens Uwe-Kuhn, Santa Barbara City College